Ayush License is required by Nursing Homes Private Hospital Clinical establishment Other medical / Paramedical clinics / Centres for performing medical treatment services to their patients.
Apart from the treatment of patients, Ayush License is also required for manufacturing some kinds of medicines like Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha, etc.
A person cannot perform the abovementioned activities without obtaining Ayush License, otherwise, the Authorities may take punitive actions against that person.
Who can be Registered under Ayush?
The following persons/applicant proposing to provide their goods or services shall get a license under Ayush before Commencing their business activities.
- Nursing Homes
- Private Hospital
- Clinical establishment
- Other medical / Paramedical clinics / Centres
- Manufacturers of Certain Prescribed medicines.
Types of Ayush Licenses
The following are the types of registration for manufacturers of medicines under Ayush
- Ayurveda Manufacturing License
- Unani Manufacturing License
- Siddha Manufacturing License
Documents Required for Ayush Registration
There are various kinds of Documents that are required for applying for Ayush Registration. Some of those documents are mentioned as follows :
- Certificate of Incorporation (COI) / Registration Certificate of Company
- Details regarding manufacturing area: Area should be more than 1285 sq ft
- Declaration regarding Compliance with The Drugs and Magic Remedies (Objectionable Advertisements) Act, 1954
- Details of Technical officer (BMS doctor)
- Details of Technical officer (B.sc with Biology)
- information regarding Products i.e. what are the proposed product that the company is proposing to manufacture
- Product Form i.e. in what form (tablets/liquid/powder) product going to be manufactured
- Directors (related to the herbal domain) will be more preferable
The list of documents mentioned above is not exhaustive. There are several other documents based on the type of standards that are required to be submitted while applying for Ayush Registration.
Process for Applying for Ayush License
The process for registration under AYUSH is as follows :
- Registration as a body corporate
- Obtaining Permission from the following :
- Municipal Committee, Municipal Corporation, Panchayat
- Pollution Control Board
- Urban Environmental Engineering Department Permission
- Application to the Authority for Ayush Registration with prescribed documents and fees
- Scrutinisation of Application by Ayush Registration Authority
- Physical Inspection of Premises by the Authorised Officer, if required
- Issue of Registration Certificate by the Concerned Department
Conditions for Establishing Ayush Nursing Homes, Private Hospital Clinical Establishment Other Medical / Paramedical Clinics / Centres
The Conditions to be fulfilled for getting Registration under Ayush are as follows :
1. Mandatory Registration:
A person cannot carry on any Nursing Homes, Private Hospital Clinical establishment Other medical / Paramedical clinics / Centres under Ayush without obtaining a license from the Concerned Authority.
2. Proper Permission:
Another condition for obtaining Ayush License is that the Applicant must obtain proper permission from Municipal Committee, Municipal Corporation, Panchayat of the notified area where the Nursing Homes, Private Hospital Clinical establishment Other medical / Paramedical clinics / Centres is proposed to be carried on with Ayush License.
3. Pollution Control Board Permission :
The Application before commencing the activities of Nursing Homes or Private Hospital or Clinical establishment or Other medical / Paramedical clinics / Centres, must obtain the permission of the Pollution Control Board. The Pollution Control Board permission is required for assuring the disposal of biomedical waste by the Applicant applying for Ayush License.
4. Urban Environmental Engineering Department Permission:
The Application shall obtain the permission of the Urban Environmental Engineering Department before commencing the activities of Nursing Homes or Private Hospital or Clinical establishment or Other medical / Paramedical clinics / Centres. The Urban Environmental Engineering Department’s permission is required to provide Assurance that the Applicant shall maintain the Proper sewerage and drainage system.
General Conditions for Registration under Ayush
Apart from specific conditions, there are some general conditions that are required to be followed for getting the Ayush License, which is as follows:
1. Application for License :
The Applicant shall apply to the supervising authority for registration of Private AYUSH Nursing Homes/Pvt. Hospitals/Clinical establishment appointed by Govt. under section 4 of J&K Nursing Homes and clinical establishment Act 1963 with all requisite documents.
2. Submission of Affidavit :
Every clinic will have to give an affidavit to the registering authority stating the following :
“ We shall not indulge in prenatal sex determination of fetus and illegal trade of narcotics.”
The clinic is simply for providing medi-care to the people according to the rules and regulations laid down by the government and maintain day to day register of OPD/IPD.
3. One System of Medicines :
The doctors of Private AYUSH Nursing Homes/Pvt. Hospitals/Clinical establishment shall prescribe the medicines of systems in which they are registered.
4. Provide purposed Health Care :
The institution shall provide treatment for the purposes for which the institution is registered.
In fact the institution shall not perform the activities for other health care for which it is not registered.
5. Action Against Defaulter :
In case of any default, the ADMO AYUSH has the power to take punitive action against the defaulter and if necessary take the help of police to close down such establishment which is functioning without registration and license.
6. Time Limit for Existing Clinics :
It is mandatory for all clinics to get Registered. Any clinic run by registered practitioners and not fulfilling the prescribed norms shall be 3 months time
What is Ayush License?
Ayush License is required for performing medical treatment or manufacturing of certain kinds of medicines like Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha.
Is there any need to renew Ayush License?
Yes, the applicant must renew the Ayush License before the expiry of the period specified in the License.
The applicant is not allowed to continue the services or manufacturing without renewal of License.
Why should I get Ayush License?
No Person can perform medical treatment of patients before obtaining Ayush License. Also, the manufacturing of certain medicines is also not permitted without Ayush License.
Can anyone get an Ayush License without Physical Inspection?
Yes, a person may get Ayush License without physical inspection by the Concerned Authority. But the authority has the power to do inspection any time post issue of license for assuring the compliance norms.